Having the right data in your hands Lets you:
- Understand costs, charges and reimbursements.
- Measure practice variations among regions.
- Develop an understanding of relevant disease prevalencies.
- Focus on communicating with investigators, hospital administrators and investors.
- Determine burden of illness for various health conditions.
- Trends in health care expenditures, utilization, and health status among US adults with spine problems, 1997-2006. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009 Sep 1;34(19):2077-84.
STUDY DESIGN: Analysis of nationally representative survey data (MEPS) for spine-related health care expenditures, utilization and self-reported health status. OBJECTIVE: To study trends from 1997 to 2006 in per-user expenditures for spine-related inpatient, outpatient, pharmacy, and emergency services; and to compare these trends to changes in health status. more
- Prevalence and determinants of isolated systolic hypertension among young adultsJ Hypertens. 2009 Sep 2; [Epub ahead of print]
Examines the prevalence and determinants of ISH in young adults using the 1999-2004 National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES) more